Coaching Skills to Promote Leadership and Success
**SESSION TWO - IN PERSON MONTHLY PROGRAM AT IVY TECH!**
--> (also available virtually) <--
Facilitated by Bonnie Moore
Friday, August 20, 2021
SESSION 1: 8:00 - 10:00 a.m. ET (separate registration required here)
SESSION 2: 10:15 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. ET (this session)
Can you run, punt, pass, or kick? Do you play tennis, act, or debate? Can you sing or play an instrument? Are you involved with other people or colleagues? Do you work or play on a team? Teams and groups usually have coaches to help make the "game" run and cheer his/her team to victory. Coaching is a means of positive communication that promotes leadership and success. This session shares coaching skills and gives you language to empower your colleagues to become leaders. Listening will take on a whole new meaning! You will experience the differences in telling, advising, mentoring, and coaching. Have fun learning and leave with a new outlook on communication, diversity, and coaching as you become a more effective colleague and leader.
1. The participant will understand coaching as a positive means of communication and its differentiation from telling, asking, advising, consulting and mentoring so that he/she can be a more effective communicator in the workplace and community.
2. The participant will gain insight and knowledge of basic listening and coaching strategies to help them begin or further their coaching skills to become a more effective and empowering colleague and leader.
3. As a result of this session, participants will examine, understand and use the different language techniques of coaching to further their own coaching and communication skills.
4. Leave with a feeling of accomplishment and true understanding of yourself and others.
ATD Capabilities included:
• Emotional Intelligence & Decision Making,
• Collaboration & Leadership
• Cultural Awareness & Inclusion
• Lifelong Learning
• Performance Improvement
• Future Readiness
Bonnie is passionate about leading and learning. Her experience includes leadership development, team dynamics, executive coaching, performance management and instructional design. Her US and global clients appreciate the innovation, growth, and excitement she infuses into their organizations. She is a certified master executive coach and certified in fourteen assessments and organizational systems. Bonnie has been president of ATD Houston, ATD Annual Leadership Conference Chair, ASCD, and memberships include HR Houston, SHRM, ATD Houston and ATD, International Coaching Federation, Houston Coaches, Houston Organizational Development Network, and several others. She is currently serving as an ATD National Advisor of Chapters (NAC) and serves on five other non-profit boards across the US and Europe. When not working in talent development, she serves as First Vice President of Delta Kappa Gamma Society International – Texas (honorary for women educators), a Child Advocate (CASA), treasurer of Spring Branch Area Retired School Employees, works with Children at Risk and is active in her church and neighborhood HOA.
7:30 – 7:55 am - Networking, etc.
7:55 – 8:00 am - ATD Central Indiana Chapter Announcements and Intro
8:00 – 10:00 am - Session 1
10:00 – 10:15 am - Break
10:15 – 12:30 pm - Session 2
12:30 – 1:00 pm - Q & A as needed
Association for Talent Development - Central Indiana Chapter (ATD-CIC)
PO Box 6206
Fishers, Indiana 46038